Friday, February 22, 2013

Today was very productive - I made LOTS of phone calls (several to set up medical appointments and clear up issues relating back to the hacked debit card) which allowed me to cross a multitude of things off of my To Do List.  
Maybe not 'my most' but it still felt good.  

I did try to pull weeds in the front yard this morning (had told Tom not to mow because after irrigation I wanted to get at the root of the problem.... pun intended.)  Unfortunately we didn't get much water as usual  in the front because some sticks clogged up the gate, so the weeds pretty much held their ground (there are those terrible puns again!) and I gave up.

I picked up my ring at the jewelers today (it's now so clean and sparkly that it looks like a new ring) and on the way home saw a neon green sign for a yard sale that called to me, so I made a slight detour.  There was a large reptile tank with heaters, etc. that I thought Lisa might be able to use so I texted her, and sure enough, she thought it was a great idea.  It was quite a bargain at $25, and should enable her to create quite a habitat for Lemma.  Since she's in town this weekend for a weight-lifting meet, she can 'grab' it tomorrow night when we all meet for dinner.
I had planned to go watch - but she says I would be BORED and she'll show me pictures.  So I guess I won't go, just in case it would throw her off of her game.

I also swung by the library to drop off some books, and there's wasn't anything waiting for me when I checked the Hold shelf.  However, later today an e-mail arrived that let me know there is now one waiting for me.  I still have plenty to read, so it's no biggie, just a tad frustrating.

We thought we were going to a birthday party for dinner tonight (for Angie) but it's been switched to Sunday.  I filled up a pretty heart box today with Hershey Kisses as her gift - now I have to hope that 'someone' doesn't get into the box and nibble away at the chocolate.  (And I purposely waited until the last minute to buy the chocolate because some of us are NOT to be trusted around chocolate!) <G>
You can see from the kisses I set out for scale that it holds a LOT of chocolate; still I have no doubt I could make a serious dent in it without too much trouble...

No comments:

Post a Comment