Sunday, February 17, 2013

At the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show yesterday, Tom came across a booth where various artwork media were combined with minerals.  That's where he found the 'thing' that he would have bought for me if it hadn't had such a hefty price tag: a quilt to mirror slabs of rock, creating a very unique depiction of the Grand Canyon.  The left side is quilted fabrics, and the right side is slabs of stone.  I can only imagine how stunning it is 'in person'!

Here's another pic of her work I found online. 

Here's a diagram of a cross section:

After some searching the gem show's website (Tom remembered about where her booth was) we looked for the vendors at those booth numbers and finally found the info we needed.
 Unfortunately, that was as far was I've gotten; every search for her and/or stonequiltdesign.com came up as 'page not available'.  But I'm still hoping to find Susan Judy (from Centennial, CO) through the Gallery of Lapidary Artists, who sponsored the booth.

Yes, it would have been easier if Tom had just picked up her card, but at least I now have a trail to follow.

2 comments:

  1. Susan Judy
    7310 South Tamarac
    Centennial, CO 80112
    Phone: 303-773-8701

    I got this from anywho.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Darlene Thomas lives there the rest of the year...

    ReplyDelete