Tuesday, February 6, 2018

To say that Sunday night was not a good one is a bit of an understatement...


Woke around 1:00 with a bad headache, but the Tylenol I took never seemed to help. I finally decided to take a Lunesta at 3:00 - and then almost immediately found myself racing to the bathroom to toss my cookies, an evening snack of trail mix.  The rest of the night I mostly watched different numbers appear on the clock.



Paul's crew arrived Monday morning to finish up the rest of the trees, which (as Paul had guesstimated) only took about three hours.  I also worked in the yard - picked 3 boxes of lemons off the broken branches so they could be whittled, and raked (the last?) of this season's leaves from the little front yard.  That turned out to be almost a dozen bucket-loads, and I was happy to be able to stuff all of them into the trash cans before the garbage trucks picked up.



So after the landscaping crew's 4 (!) visits this season (3 of them MAJOR!) the property looks really, really good (Marcie refers to it as a park) and we are all anxious to see how splendiferous it looks once everything greens out this spring.



My errands for yesterday started out with dropping off mucked piles at various locations, and ended with stopping in at The Other Quilt Shop.  Sheri had the Michael Miller black I needed (I finished off a bolt) but not the white-on-cream (her supplies had recently been decimated) so I guess I will have to stop in at 35th Ave. after Busy Bees on Wednesday. Still have to decide exactly which projects to work on at the retreat, and then pack for Thursday's departure.



Yesterday afternoon Tom needed my help with the installation of the new soapdish (which took an Act of Congress; maybe you heard him griping and grumbling?) but at least now that's done.  Not sure that it will hold if someone tries to use it as leverage to get up from the tub - but at least it looks pretty.


Then Tom got around to 'glueing' down the wood strips between the old wood floor and new tile (the job that Cesar didn't quite complete.)  By this morning the silicone should have completely dried, so at some point we can remove all the heavy books holding the strips down.  Here's hoping everything worked, and the tripping hazards have been reduced!


I had no appetite yesterday (and felt nauseated as the day wore on) so I ate nothing all day. 



The good news is that I did get some sleep last night!


Now I will hope that when I eat my oatmeal later, before the gym, it stays down.  At this point I feel okay - but then (except for feeling tired) that was the case yesterday morning also.


No comments:

Post a Comment