Sunday, February 11, 2018

Back at home after a delightful quilt retreat.  The rooms had been remodeled, and the new bed was quite comfy.  But the shower situation was an accident waiting to happen: no mat or strips on the floor of the tub, and no grab bars.  Naturally I was especially careful showering each morning!  And Denise - who had a "handicapped" room! - had no grab bars in her bathroom either!  Impossible for her to get up off the toilet with only one leg, so she had to drive home and bring something back. 

On Friday I finished the main part of one UFO, having sashed signature blocks the Foothills' ladies gave me at the end of 2011 as thanks for serving as Chapter Chair.   We all enjoyed Jessica's Scrap Mountain program.  She had all new quilts/ideas since I last saw her program, and one of her borders gave me an idea for a project I'd made after I saw her first demo.  Although I actually brought that top with me (hoping to work on its borders) it came home in the same shape it left.

That afternoon I skipped the shop hop - because I don't need any more fabric! Instead I took a heating pad break in my room (after I had to make the long schlep back to front desk because my key no longer worked.)  Later in the afternoon it was our table's turn for Show and Tell, and of course everyone enjoyed seeing my finished spool quilt from the blocks I won at last year's retreat.

Saturday morning was the group picture.  It was like herding cats, but eventually we got everyone together.  Carolyn snapped numerous shots, so there should be at least one good one of the group. Then it was my turn for a massage.  Ashley worked her magic (again, I tried to convince her to come home with me) and worked out a lot of kinks in my neck and back.

Ellen and her helpers got the two dozen challenge quilts hung (I didn't participate)  So many creative entries, and we all wished we could vote for more than just three.  Linda's giraffes took 1st place, Ami's tree (which I fell in love with!) took second, and the elephant took third.  Once the winning entries were announced we discovered who had made each item, so I asked Ami if her tree was for sale.  Long story short she agreed to sell it to me.  I was thrilled!

Haven't done anything with the pix I took this weekend, but will eventually - and of course then share them.  Most of the ladies worked on the Mystery Quilt, though I didn't.  Instead of starting yet another project, thought it would be prudent to finish up some of my UFOs.

Sunday morning I got an early start, and by the time I packed up my scrap blocks were showing the pattern.  When I arrived home, around 2:00, the party here was in fully swing.  After a bite to eat I took Theresa and Elaine to The Other Quilt Store, leaving the guys playing with rocks.

Found out that Marcie has pneumonia (she found out on Friday afternoon, which explained why she had been feeling so crappy) so I walked over for a visit.  She was glad for a little company - and Latina was thrilled to see her Aunt Bobbi.

Roy & Elaine had headed back to Prescott, so we were only 8 for dinner tonight at Valle Luna: Mark & Theresa, Tim, Carlo, Tom from Tucson, and Alex.    

No comments:

Post a Comment