Wednesday, February 14, 2018

My gym session yesterday morning was so-so.  Of course it had been a week since I last stepped foot in there, but didn't help that I just wasn't "into" it.

Before showering I did a bunch of yardwork (mostly raking, getting ready for Thursday's irrigation) and the sun did peek out from the clouds for a bit.   

 I walked up to check on Marcie, who I'm happy to report is doing much better.  In fact she's going to drive to quilting this morning, which means Tom will be able to borrow my car for his dentist appointment; Alex is taking Tom's truck to Flag for a couple of days of snowboarding.  I'm glad he's going to get a little more use out of the season pass I give his each year for his birthday, though this year (for the first time) it doesn't look like he'll get "his" money's worth out of it this season.

Visited with Alex later in the afternoon, and tried my hand at the car soccer game he was playing on line with friends.  It should come as no real surprise to anyone (except him) that I wasn't the least bit adept at it.   He also solved the mystery of why I was having difficulty locating my queue on the Netflix app I had managed to load onto the new iPad earlier in the day... that option doesn't exist since the app is only for streaming.

I have been binging on Doc Martin (currently watching the 4th season) and had recommended it to Marcie.  She's only watched the first episode, but loved it and appreciated me turning her onto it.

For dinner last night Carlo grilled up quail, pheasant, and chicken.  Tom made the garlic Brussel sprouts and mashers after I peeled and diced the largest potatoes I've ever seen from the bucket of spuds Carlo brought from Idaho; just 3 filled our big soup pot to the brim!

Yesterday we watched Oly figure skating - some I'd taped, some "live" last night - and half-pipe snowboarding.  Alex prefers the downhill over the half-pipe, but it was still impressive.

Another good night's sleep (YAY!) until 6:00!  Guess I'd better get ready for my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment