Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Had a long chat with Marcela yesterday, and got to hear about Steve's second memorial in Las Vegas (and she sent me some pix afterward.)  She sounds like she's doing well. (She will actually be in town this weekend visiting Sally, and I got an invite to the party over there, but of course won't be in town.)  However we're still hoping that she and Ramona can make it out the end of March/beginning of April.

I got through my workout at the gym yesterday without too much difficulty... especially since Jim lowered it several notches after my tired tale of woe.  Still, I was not at all sad when my time was up!

Alex and I delivered the boxes of lemons to Estera (she was very happy to get them) and then I juiced a gallon or so of grapefruit juice.  Yesterday Alex had picked up an external hard drive for my laptop (and one for his own) after I had requested his help burning pix onto CDs (which, according to the news last night, may be going the way of cassettes.)  We got a couple of years-worth loaded onto it without too much difficulty - but we'll see how I do next week on my own!  Otherwise I didn't get a whole bunch done (other than finishing a book and watching a movie) though I did perk up in the evening after a protein-laden dinner.

Slept a solid 6 hours last night, and thus feeling pretty good this morning.  Obviously I am running out of time to get organized and packed for the quilt retreat (I blast off tomorrow morning) but hope that being at Busy Bees today will get me jazzed for doing that!  

I did call Myra yesterday to let her know not to swing by and pick me up for Book Club tonight.  Of course I'll be sorry to skip the fun, but think it's for the best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment