Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Yesterday we went to see the new Star Trek pre-quel movie (in the IMAX format.)  It was entertaining, but (spoiler alert?) despite some cliffhanger scenes, all the main characters survive. LOL

What impressed me the most were the actors who portrayed Kirk, Spock, and the other main characters as young people 'before' the TV show.  Not only did all (but one) look like pre-incarnations, but they also sounded like them, and used the same mannerisms.  Effective!

In the Small Disappointments category:
Right before I was diagnosed (about 18 months ago), I had bought a pair of shoes for teaching.
They never made it out of the box until I took them with me to France a month ago, where they turned out to be extremely comfortable.  (We all know that's not always the case... shoes that feel fine in the store for a couple of minutes can betray our feet when worn in the real world for longer periods.)
With my back problems, I need FLAT shoes, and you'd be surprised at how many 'flats' actually have a bit of a heel.  (My back can certainly tell!)  Finding flat comfortable shoes is not always easy, and one reason I wear flip-flops so much.  And speaking of flip-flops - when we were at the mall on Saturday, we checked out a store that sold nothing but flip-flops.  Given how they are worn here year-round I guess that's not so surprising.... but (very) high heel flip flops?! $60 flip-flops?  Unbelievable!!!  And no, I am not talking sandals here.

Anyway, back to the shoes.  I wanted to get additional ones in whatever other colors were available, but a search online of Skechers revealed that this shoe is not available.  <sigh>
I will try calling, and possibly there are some tucked away somewhere.  Can't hurt to call, right?

I have been sending off pix to some of the other folks on my trip; yesterday I got some from Nancy before I had a chance to send her hers. She mentioned that her pix for Leo had bounced back, and I said I'd had the same problem with pix for Liz.  (Luckily, her daughter Betsy was able to forward them for me.)  The strange thing is that when I heard back from Liz, it was the same e-mail address I had used.  (Okay, maybe not so strange when we're talking about computers!)

Liz lives down in Green Valley, so we're hopeful that we can get together 'one of these days'.  Here are Liz, Annie, and Betsy topside; the one day we sailed it was really blustery and cold... can you tell? 

No comments:

Post a Comment