Friday, May 31, 2013

Thursday morning I saw my ocologist for my first post-chemo check-up, and found out that Tuesday's ECHO test was fine.  We're going to do some additional (new) bloodwork before I see her again in 6 weeks, just to rule some things out.  I have noticed changes, symptoms I never experienced before this whole cancer 'thing', and she just wants to rule out various things.  I've never thought of myself as a hypochondriac (accident prone, maybe - right, Mom?) and some of these changes may just be the natural results of aging (surprisingly, I'm not getting any younger) - but with all the drugs that have been pumped into me since December of 2011 I guess it can't hurt to check.  On the whole, though, she's very happy with me.

On the way home from there I had to go right past Lamps Plus, so I stopped in to pick up the two lamps that were supposed to be delivered there on Wednesday.  They were there, waiting for me - and the salesman was quite happy to see me, since he'd tried calling twice the day before, and the number just rang and rang and rang.  Yes, he did have the correct number (which was why he'd tried again, in case he misdialed the first time) and we have been getting messages on our machine, so it's just another one of those Life Mysteries.  

I was worried that the lamps might not fit into my car, but from the size of the boxes it was abundantly clear that 'some assembly' would be required.  Tom got right on it, and before long we had our wonderful new OTT lights up and running.  It may take a little time to get used to looking at the true color light, but they are certainly nice for reading.

In the afternoon Patti came over to view my pix from France.  She enjoyed her 'trip', and when she got to pix of Monet's garden in Giverny, she was properly impressed.  I took 100 pix (so easy to do!), and virtually all of them elicited "wow"-type comments.  It'll be hard to pick just a few to share here, but I'll try!  FYI - none of these pix have been cropped or color enhanced in any way.  

It's hard to know where to look first!!!










the famous lily pond


Mom and I were waiting until Monet's house was open for viewing; it was chilly (I had my Van Gogh iris shirt on underneath, although it stayed under wraps that whole day) but at least it wasn't raining. :-)

no longer at Monet's garden - this is outside the Giverny impressionist museum


This morning Kaye came by to pick up Tom for their weekend trip.  They have been invited to share their knives at an Indian Show up by the Painted Desert.  Hopefully Tom will make lots of sales (yes, Marilyn, I agree that his will be the nicest stuff up there!)  

Here's one of his recent creations: the blade is rainbow obsidian from Davis Creek (CA), the handle is elk antler with ambroyna burl wood, and there's a silver bezel wire for ornamentation.  

This blade is made from ribbon obsidian from Glass Buttes (OR), and the handle is bacote hardwood.

When you hold the blade up to the light, you can see the ribbons!


In any event, he's bound to have fun looking at all the stuff.  Originally he expected to be home on Saturday, and then next I heard it was Sunday.  But Kaye wants to do a little rock hunting, and not come home until Monday - and Tom 'may' be enticed into a rock hunting expedition.  Does he 'need' more rocks?  About as much as I 'need' more fabric.  Which means I totally understand the compulsion to get more!

Teresa is with them - she's going to spend time with family up there while the guys do their rock thing.  I'm happy to report that she's made great progress since she shattered her ankle back in mid-February, and was cleared to start putting weight on it a week or so ago.  It looks great (scars in multiple places are really not terribly noticeable) though admittedly it's still somewhat swollen.  But she's doing well with her PT, and her prognosis is for a complete recovery.  At least she'll be able to get back to riding again now. I know she's really missed that!

Now I'm off to meet Rene for lunch at 'our' place.  She's taken oodles of Grand Circle trips, and can't wait to hear all about mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment