Wednesday, March 13, 2013

This Alex's idea of fun on Spring Break.... it certainly isn't mine!
I'm enjoying the near-90 degree weather by sitting poolside and reading my new library book.  No pix from Lisa of her spring break in Maryland, although did hear from Mom that they're having lunch together tomorrow, so maybe I'll get some news from her.

I also got a chance to try out my new hose (picked it up at Walgreens as an impulse purchase the last time I was there for a Rx) when I watered the plants on the front porch.

It actually works just like the TV ads say it should, and I'm quite pleased with it.   As advertised, it hardly takes up any space (unlike the old 'regular' hose), is nice and lightweight, and very easy to use.  

I recently got an e-mail with a video clip that reminded me of a story that happened when I was a teenager still living at home.  One night, after I'd gone to bed, something flew across my bedroom.  I went to get Dad, and told him there was a bird in my room.  Of course when he looked he couldn't find one, so he assumed I'd been dreaming. He turned the light back off and told me to go back to sleep.  After he left, it flew across the room again, so I went to get him again.  Same story.  The third time I went to get him he was starting to lose patience with me, so it was a good thing the critter decided to make another flight right at that moment.  However it wasn't a bird, it was a bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment