Friday, June 11, 2021

The other day I'd gotten what I thought was the electric bill from APS.  Upon opening the envelope it was thus a very pleasant surprise to find a check for $98.94 instead, from the much publicized class action suit.  Yesterday I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to deposit it via my iPad.  

Final straw was an error message that the amount I'd typed in didn't match the amount on the face of the check... which it did!  (I even had Tom look at the check and the screen, and he confirmed that.) 


So (once again) it was evident that it would be easier (and faster!) to drive the couple of miles to the bank and deposit it via the drive-through.  At least it will put a dent in the actual bill (which arrived yesterday) in the amount of $312.  (Last summer, after a lengthy stretch of record-setting heat, one month's bill was over $600...) 


I did, however, make somewhat of a dent in the latest to-do list I compiled yesterday.   Ordering a new watch on Amazon, at least I (finally!) figured out how to delete expired credit cards AND the (very mistakenly!) saved current one.



At bedtime Wednesday night Brownie was 'chasing' something on the bedroom floor, which turned out to be a cockroach.


That got me to thinking that it'd been a while since the exterminator had called and and scheduled what used to be monthly service.  And when I checked my records yesterday morning, it appeared that their last service had been in December! 



When I called yesterday, the woman in the office was also quite surprised when her records confirmed that.  Naturally I asked why we'd stopped getting calls, and though she had "no idea" she was going to look into it for me.  



At any rate, the guy will be here on Saturday to spray.


Next I tried to schedule some 'recommended maintenance' (one of which involves the much depended-upon A/C system) that was suggested at my oil change a few months ago. But despite letting the phone ring and ring (and ring!) for what seemed like five minutes, no one ever answered.  Will try again today. 


Yesterday's 1:00 PT session ran a full two-hours because of added exercises.  The hope is to continue to strengthen the muscles in that leg (which have visibly shrunk after almost half a year of disuse) and enable them to once again help support my unhappy foot.


On the way home I swung by the bank to deposit the check, and then popped into the quilt shop. I bought more white-on-white fabric for the first border of the Chain Links (which Sherri liked) and also looked (though unsuccessfully) for something for the outer border.  

But Sherri and I certainly did enjoy our lengthy chat!

  

I didn't have the info for a gift certificate so I'll be returning soon - 

and on that visit will bring the scrap strings to show her.


The newest quilt up on display was Accent on Angles, which I really liked.  Of course <g> it looks much better than in this photo, taken with my cell phone.


Sherri wanted to know how to invite the Foothills ladies to her "Live" sessions.  I'm going to take care of that for her, though I experienced severe problems last evening signing up to follow TOQS on FB.  



Eventually I enlisted Tom's help.  I'd actually already tried everything that he suggested (which was quite a number of things) so I'm not a complete idiot. 



It shouldn't have been so difficult (he agreed) other than the fact that it's a computer.  



Since I haven't had trouble joining/following other groups 
it's unclear why it was so vastly different last evening.



It had been almost 4:30 when I got home (Tom was "beginning to wonder") and I was definitely worn out, which is probably why I forgot to close the garage door.  Good thing Joy called last evening to check up on me when she noticed our porch light wasn't on and that door was open.


Today I technically "slept-in" this morning...

While I hope to get a bunch more things crossed off of my list today, of course it's WAY too early to take care of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment