Sunday, October 20, 2019

I slept better last night. Friday night I’d made more than the usual number of trips to the bathroom, no doubt “helped” by all the water I drank because of the tasty-but-salty bay seasoning on the crabs.


  Still I woke just after 5:00.  Pippa slept in until 6:00, but when I opened the door to let her out back she sat down and just looked at me.  Pretty sure she wanted her breakfast, but that had to wait for Andy, who appeared a few minutes later.



I did take Pippa for a walk in the park after we both ate (that Friendship bread Sandy bought yesterday IS scrumptious) hoping to beat today’s rain.  Had a little trouble finding the plastic bags in the laundry room; they were hiding in the dog treat jar!  



It was misting when we started out, and then sprinkling by the time we headed back, but we had still walked to the boat ramp (my first time over there) where I got a view of the house from across the water.  I could also see the “cul-de-sac” canal where their first beach house is, though the house itself, tucked in the corner, wasn’t quite visible.  Sorry I didn’t have my camera.



Technology woes update: before we had left Mink Hollow my lap top wasn’t charging, and still isn’t. At first I thought the plug had just come loose from the wall, but since the lap top works just fine while it is plugged in the cord is obviously happy.  However the battery life remains at zero so in my 'expert opinion' <g> it seems the internal battery is the culprit, something to address once I’m home.



When we arrived here I had also unknowingly caught my headphone cord in the footrest, so when I flipped it up it cut through one side. Now it only works in one ear (naturally my worse one) so it looks like I’ll be buying new headphones.



In happier news, we will be going into Ocean City proper to brunch at “the pink place”, sometimes <g> known as The Bayside Skillet.  It was always mobbed when we were here in the summer with the kids (and rightly so - yummy food!) but I don’t expect to have to wait today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment