Saturday, October 13, 2012

Thanks to Amy for sharing this Autumn thought -
I asked the leaf whether it was scared because it was autumn and the other leaves were falling. The leaf told me, “No. During the whole spring and summer I was very alive. I worked hard and helped nourish the tree, and much of me is in the tree. Please do not say that I am just this form, because this leaf form is only a tiny part of me. I am the whole tree. I know that I am already inside the tree, and when I go back to the soil, I will continue to nourish the tree. As I leave this branch and float to the ground, I will wave to the tree and tell her, ‘I will see you again very soon’."

– Thich Nhat Hanh, The Heart of Understanding
Here in Arizona we may not get the same extravagant color displays as some of the places back East, but it's beautiful just the same. As we rounded the corner and came upon this blaze of yellow it really did look like the the trees were glowing.


And couldn't resist posting this one again - happily we saw it twice, approaching and leaving the North Rim - so I guess it's okay <g> to post it twice.

Here's a shot several friends on FB recently posted, of a scenic road in Tennessee:

Now I'm off for my morning 'hike' around the neighborhood.  When I get back I will regale you with my pix from last week's trip to Bryce Canyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment