Monday, June 11, 2012

Medical morning today. I was waiting at the lab when it opened (happily not the big crowd I expected) and got my blood drawn with a minimum of hassle (the scar tissue hasn't been making it easy these past few weeks) and then headed over to the cardiologist for my stress test.  Because I'm not up to running on a treadmill these days  (my 'exercise' consists basically of walking from the bed to the couch) they had to fool my heart into thinking it was exercising. 

 Which meant, of course, that they also needed to stick that same arm for the three IV meds. (Still don't have permission to use the other arm; not sure if I'll ever get that!)  The test itself was relaxing, although there were some initial weird (short-lived) effects (of which I was warned) from the meds. 
I'll have the other cardiology tests on Wednesday and get the results at the follow-up next week.

This afternoon I got a call from the oncologists's office 'reminding' me of tomorrow's appointment with the doctor, which I found strange... they've never called to remind me before. 
Good thing I mentioned that, because Stephanie said that was probably because I was 'only seeing the doctor and not getting chemo.' Which was news to me! 
 In fact last week the doctor and I talked about her decision to start 'downing' my anti-nausea pre-chemo meds this week from 2 pills to 1. Sure enough, when Stephanie checked with the doctor it turns out I am supposed to have chemo tomorrow, but now there's a question of there being a chair available for me. Too many people and not enough chairs?  I haven't played Musical Chairs in decades, but am sure it will all work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment