Friday, June 22, 2012

Good news yesterday from the cardiologist on last week's Echo and stress tests - all results normal. The whole time spent with him took maybe a minute.. 
too bad he couldn't have delivered the news over the phone, saving me the trip (naturally the only available appointments were during serious post-chemo nap times) and the co-pay. Many thanks to Patti for chauffeuring me and sitting in on the consultation; I figured that given the fact I missing my sleep I might need some help processing (and remembering!) whatever news I got. She also deserves extra Brownie Points for bringing over a delicious dinner.

Wednesday Sandie delivered dinner and I was finally able to give her the thank-you quilt I made.

I'm really looking forward to getting my quilting 'fix' at the monthly Busy Bee meeting on Wednesday; I had to miss last month's meeting because chemo was moved over a day (due to Memorial Day) and also miss last month's Foothills meeting because of the cardiology tests. Those meetings, always enjoyable, have become even more important to me these past six months since I've been stuck at home.

Irrigation is tonight, and yep - our first chance of monsoon rain is over the weekend. Pretty toasty here (it's 'officially' hot since we're over 110, although with single-digit humidity as low as 4% I'll take it over most other places.) Alex mowed in preparation and the yard has lost that shaggy 'foreclosed property' look.

Not much on my 'schedule' for today (Fridays are also heavy naps days) although I do plan to at least fill the empty hummingbird feeders. Alex had a baby check him out in the yard yesterday.  Check out this picture of hummer babies - and note the fly, for scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment