Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Got a bunch of stuff done this morning (bills paid, trash cans emptied, laundry finally put away, dishwasher run and emptied, more hummer food made to fill largest feeder which once again came loose from top and spilled an almost full batch, etc.) which always makes me feel productive even though it's all piddly stuff. Still, these days anything I get done seems like an accomplishment. 

 I did go through a pile of accumulated papers looking for the name of a book I heard about (on NPR?) that sounded like it would be a perfect gift for Tom (whose birthday is in a few weeks.) 
Since I'm putting together an Amazon order it seemed like this would be the time to order it, but I never did find the piece of paper where I wrote it down.

Then off for my Day at the Spa. Labwork from yesterday good, so chemo proceeded as usual. And I didn't even have to fight anyone for a chair; so much for getting to play Musical Chairs today. 

 But we did have a different type of excitement today - one of the 'regulars' had some serious heart pain from one of her meds (I think I heard Taxol mentioned, one I'm currently on) so there was quite a flurry of activity. Once that they stopped that med she started doing better. It didn't help that she doesn't speak much English, so until her daughter was found (looks like she'd run down to the pharmacy to pick up some Rx for her mom) it was difficult for them to know exactly what was going on.  But at least there was plenty of medical help available immediately.

Now I'm back home (thank you, Lisa), had a late lunch, and am getting ready to crawl into bed and get ready for Jeopardy.  I did take a brief Benadryl nap at chemo; in fact when Lisa came (early) to pick me up (she went for her teaching fingerprints today, and didn't see the point of going all the way home just to come right back) she poked her head into the room to let me know she was there but I was asleep.  No biggie - she ( of course) had a good book with her, so didn't seem to mind sitting in the waiting room until I finished up and was ready to go.

Of course later when we pulled into the driveway I almost gave her a heart attack when I looked in the glove box for the folder with her car's instruction booklet (the same folder that includes her registration and proof-of-insurance) and couldn't find it!  
After a bit of a crisis she looked herself - and it was there after all, just tucked into a little shelf. Of course since the glove box and the folder are black, that didn't make it easy to see.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!  Probably didn't help that I'd just come from chemo (wonder how long I can use that excuse?)
And that's it for this Tuesday: 7 treatments in this second cycle over-and-done-with, and only 5 to go before I head into the third phase of treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment