Monday, October 12, 2020

 Alex and Gabby enjoyed their weekend camping trip up north (the aspens were spectacular) though they didn't get to stay where Alex had originally planned - and they ended up having to set up Friday in the dark, which makes everything that much more difficult.  


Vera, of course, returned home yesterday -


and Brownie did act a little down last evening without his playmate.


At first light today I stacked some of yesterday's piles of greenery 'into' the cans.     




I'd needed to wait until after Alex deposited his trash last night - 
though not sure that actually happened.


 
While our Monday pickup is not as early now that it's "cooled off" somewhat, 
I certainly didn't want take any chance on missing out.


Here's all that's left... at least at the moment.  


Not surprisingly, additional trimming is on today's agenda 
which means there could be a tidal wave of piles soon.



I am pleased with how the work is coming along.  



After a soak and then a walk with Brownie,

 I continued doing additional minor trimming of more bushes out front.  


Our bird-of-paradise plant, looking a bit unruly in this morning's photo, did end up with more 'curb appeal' after a trim.   


At the end of our walk this morning I'd came across rocks scattered outside the neighbor's place.  I've been wanting to prop up the salvia stalks (they definitely are leaning south toward the sun) and now I have a stash of just-the-right-sized-rocks to do that!




Guess I've played on the computer long enough. The hardware store will be open now, so I can pick up a paintbrush and then continue to improve my hot tub view!

No comments:

Post a Comment