Friday, May 29, 2020

Last evening we watched the next couple of episodes of History 101.

Plastics have transformed how we live, but progress comes at a high price: 7.8 billion tons of waste. Are plastics a miracle or a catastrophe?



Oil has brought great wealth to the Middle East and ignited major wars. Is it a blessing or a curse for the region, as well as the rest of the world?

Unfortunately I was struggling to stay awake by the end of the segment on oil (and it wasn't even 9:00!) so I probably need to re-watch that one.



I knew Brownie would get excited when he saw the leash come out (he did) and when we headed to the car he even got vocal about his excitement.  Naturally I felt somewhat guilty because I knew he wouldn't be happy when he realized his destination (he wasn't.) 



On the drive there, only a couple of miles, it's a good thing I was pay attention.  Driving along Yorkshire, just east of 35th, a car coming in the other direction apparently decided that the driver ahead of him wasn't going fast enough (though seemed to me to be going a reasonable speed), and passed him thus coming right at me. I laid on my horn, though he didn't swerve back into his own lane until he passed the "slowpoke" he obviously made it in time to avoid a head-on collision.  Did get my heart to racing, though.



Wanda had called this morning, shortly before, to let me know that she'd baked a chocolate cake and had a tublet for me "ready for pick-up".  What a nice surprise.  So after dropping off a sad Brownie I popped over to her place.  She apologized for mixing up baking soda and baking powder (she's having eye issues) and thought it hadn't risen like it was supposed to.  However it looked just fine to me - and tasted fine, also.


Just got back from picking up Brownie, who (though apparently a bit whiney) behaved in a gentlemanly manner during his bathing and nail trim and grind.  He was, however, more than anxious to leave PetSmart!


No comments:

Post a Comment