Monday, December 9, 2019

All three of us were doing handwork today.  Perri was English Paper Piecing (for a purse), Marcie was cutting a zillion pieces for a 'repeat' quilt, and I surprised myself by finishing the 400+ inches of blind-stitching on Marcie's massive quilt.  I do enjoy doing that type of work, but am relieved that I could send the quilt home with her today and no longer be responsible for such an exquisite work of art.  Pix do not even begin to show how absolutely stunning it is!



Brownie was helping (though not when he tried to bite Perri's toes!)


Love the fabrics Perri is using for her purse.




She found her LED light helpful.  Maybe I should get one...


The purse she'd  brought with her today was also pretty.



Marcie was deciding what to cut first -


and made more progress than she'd expected.




Of course I took pix of all the fun the three of us were having, but "for some reason" <sigh> this afternoon I couldn't load them onto my blog from my iPad.  So I put them into an e-mail figuring to open them on my laptop, save them, and then access them from there.  (So much for Alex's 'time saving' idea...)


(Don't ask!)



Had a little better luck when I tried again this evening, 
though there were still issues.




Perri got a call from her daughter Gayle this afternoon.  She was driving home, and got bombarded with serious hail at Union Hills & The 51.  (Here, at Union Hills & 35th Ave, we were experiencing sunshine and blue skies then.)  Then Gayle sent these photos, saying it had hailed so badly there was hardly any visibility.




Later I mailed off two packages at the post office (amazingly I only had to wait in line 5 minutes, though the clerk admitted that it had been busy this morning, with the line out the door) and on the drive home I got hailed on big time; it was so fast and furious it sounded like machine gun fire hitting the roof!  


The rain had come down so heavily that the roads were flooded.
Took much longer than usual to get home.


And on the local news tonight saw pix of today's "weather related" roof collapse at a gas station at 67th & Bell - only a couple of miles from the post office - which had occurred around the same time I was mailing my packages.





Shortly before 5:00 I got a call, but didn't recognize the number so I didn't answer my cell phone.  The caller did leave a message - and when I listened it turns out my sewing machine is ready for pick up! 


So I will have it back tomorrow. YAY!




Watched Rachel this evening, and she started off by saying what a busy news day it had been.  Then when news kept piling on while she was on the air she laughingly described it as "a blender on puree with the lid off".

No comments:

Post a Comment