Wednesday, November 20, 2019

What a slimy day!  
We had rain all day, with it flat-out pouring much of the time. 
  

On my drive to quilting this morning there was a manhole sitting in the middle of 35th Ave that I'm guessing had "floated" up from all the water that had no place to go!



When I got to quilting I asked Louise to use her smart phone to find the ADOT phone number (which was surprisingly difficult.)  Then when I called (the one number available) it turns out that there is NO department to contact about debris on the road...


It was suggested that I call the non-emergency police number. 

For the record, that number here in Phoenix is 
(602) 262-7626 

When I called, I still needed to be transferred to the correct department.  




Today was the day to turn in our toy blocks at Busy Bees.  

I'd made Elmo:


Here are the rest of the blocks that were turned in.
It should turn out to be an adorable charity quilt.











It was an unusually lengthy business meeting, but eventually we did get to the fun part, Show & Tell.  Here are just some of them.  


Betsy



Janet showed her purse -


and this row quilt.



Joann's cheery charity quilt -



Louise's flower/heart embroidery quilt



Loved these dogs of Pat's!


And her angels were creative.



Patti



Sharon made a chocolate quilt that had me drooling!


and this wedding gift with southwest fabrics.



Susan's cat quilt (sadly she recently 'lost' furry friend.)


Her black cat backing fabric was perfect.


Susan's Paint Chip Challenge entry:


bright happy quilt



After the meeting I popped over to 35th Ave. to pick up some of the Kona fabric required to the retreat lotto block.  They had "all" the colors, with dozens of blues.  But were out of Prussian Blue, so it was a wasted trip.



When I got home I had no idea if Brownie had ventured out yet.  But when we got a 5-minute lull in the storm I took him out, and timed while he peed.  It lasted well over 30 seconds, so I'm 'guessing' he hadn't braved the rain.  No doubt <g> he felt much more comfortable afterward!


Watching the news this evening it appears that our part of the Valley got the heaviest rain. And it's supposed to continue for another 24 hours! 



Alex came over to say goodbye (he's heading to Texas for work) 
and had a very hard time finding a pathway through his flooded yard.


Quite the revelations from Sondland's testimony today.  
Now I'm getting ready to watch tonight's debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment