Sunday, February 17, 2019

I couldn't have any "coffee" this morning because I finished up my last tin yesterday - and then never did make a grocery run.  So this morning I took care of that.  In addition to picking up my usual Café Vienna, I thought the Vanilla Caramel Latte sounded promising, so I also grabbed one of those.  Never having had a latte, I was surprised when I made up a mug just now and it turned out thick and frothy.  But tasty!



I picked up the first refill of my new sleeping Rx today, and out of habit pulled out my debit card to pay.  However when the charge (for 30 tablets) turned out to be only $, I made an "executive decision" to pay in cash instead. <g>




Linda just called with a cooking question.  (Those who know me can now pick yourself up off the floor where you landed after laughing yourself silly!)  


She's making deviled eggs for a function she's going to this afternoon, and has run into problems.  Yesterday she boiled up the eggs in preparation, but today they are not cooperating during the peeling phase. 


From her answer to my first question, I'm thinking the eggs (which she bought yesterday) were too fresh.  Unfortunately I don't have any magic fix for 'after the fact', so she may just ended up with cratered egg whites.  Of course they will still taste fine, but just won't look as aesthetically pleasing as she'd like.




Alex didn't go snowboarding in Flag today.  Too bad, because they've gotten lots of snow - and I'd like him to get his (and my) money's worth out of his season pass.  

We had talked about possibly playing racquetball, or hiking Camelback, while he was home. But obviously my complaining quads took those options off the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment