Saturday, June 13, 2020

It seems that the only way I'm going to be able to pop pictures into my posts is to use the new format.  Despite claims that it will be easier, OF COURSE it's not.  One of the first problems I've encountered is that I no longer have the option, once a picture is added, to adjust it to the size I want.  I've clicked on every possible icon/choice (and then sometimes found myself in places I not only don't want to be, but have difficulty escaping from!)  



In addition, it takes more "clicks" to get to my images, and then after  pre-viewing my post it's harder to get back to the screen where I can type.  So much for "easier"...



Yesterday around 1:00 I picked up Wanda and drove her to her eye appointment, just off The 51 at Glendale.  Since they only let in the patient (and she expected the treatment to take several hours) after I dropped her off I headed home.  Traffic on westbound 101 was extremely heavy - but right before my exit most of the vehicles bailed off onto I-17, no doubt heading up to Flagstaff for a cooler weekend.



Before going home I gassed up and then popped into our neighborhood market across the street for parchment paper.   It wasn't where I expected it to be (in the baking aisle) but at least I did eventually find it elsewhere (on the aisle with the aluminum foil.)   So now I'm set to blanch/freeze the peaches once they're off the tree.



I hadn't been home very long before Wanda called to be picked up; her appointment didn't take as long as she'd expected because they only did one eye.  And after what the doctor told her it doesn't sound like those treatments are going to continue.  Discouraging news, off course.


  
Alex popped over briefly when he got home, and test-tasted one of the peaches I'd picked earlier in the day.  He proclaimed it delicious, but when he heard I planned to freeze them he was worried he wouldn't get to enjoy any of them fresh.  I reassured him that wouldn't be the case.  It's just that we have our best crop ever, and since they all ripen at the same time there's NO way we can enjoy them all.  (Perri has offered to take some off of my hands and make me some jam.)  



I had actually meant to bring that batch of just-picked peaches with me to gift them to Wanda when I picked her up - but in my rush I forgot.  (She, however, had a slice of yummy banana bread waiting for me when I'd picked her up!)



Up around 5:00 this morning, and after coffee and the crossword puzzle I got a lot of post-irrigation yardwork (weeding, raking, sweeping) done.  Even though I stayed mostly in the shade I still worked up quite a sweat, and by the time I was ready for a break one trash can was filled to the brim.


No comments:

Post a Comment