Friday, August 24, 2018

Still somewhat sore from Tuesday's workout, I headed to the gym this morning.  However, unlike my upper body (which didn't 'complain' until the following day), my thighs objected (strenuously!) from the git-go despite starting back up with lower weights. 


I can hardly wait <NOT>to see what shape they're in tomorrow!  


Think I'll skip Sunday's boot camp and shoot for the following one instead.


Afterward I did some grocery shopping, picking up chicken (that I grilled tonight) and also the ingredients for one of Terry's dishes I'm going to try.



Since I won't get my daily dog fix while Marcie is gone, she dropped of Latina this afternoon for an hour while she went for her acupuncture appointment.  We took a short dip in the pool, starting off on the top step.  


Latina actually swims quite well, but she was not terribly thrilled to be in the water. Once back on the step she wasted no time getting herself out of the pool.  So we played fetch in the house with her penguin toy instead.



I was right that Marcie would get that last column done today - but I didn't expect that she would also have time to rip out and resew the upside-down triangle section.  That means once she gets back from her trip she can get right to work sewing the strips together.



This evening I caught Mr. Holland's Opus on TV.  


Haven't seen it in years, but it was even better than I remembered.  Gotta love movies about good teachers and their impact on their students' lives!  


And "of all the lives he changed, the one that changed the most was his own."

No comments:

Post a Comment