Wednesday, February 2, 2022

As soon as they opened yesterday (8:00) I made a trip to Target to return the mouse, and then popped into PetSmart next door, with Brownie in tow, to pick up some dog food. That early there was a lot of shelf-stocking going on, and some of the dog food bags had (obviously) torn since there were a couple of trails of nuggets on the floor.  I was surprised that Brownie did not try to sample any of them (and he wasn't interested in reading labels either, like these dogs...)


Marco had me working upper body yesterday, and I was relieved that my bad shoulder did not object to any of them.  I did expect it to be sore today, but happily that does not seem to be the case.


I need more of the cream fabric for the borders of Tom's quilt, so work on it has stopped until I can get some.  A stop at TOQS on the way home from the gym confirmed that I must have gotten it at 35th Ave., where I know I found the dark blue.  After Busy Bees today I will pop over there and hope they still have some, and since it's only been a month time is on my side.  I'll also pick up more of the dark blue for the binding.  


It's nice that a 30% off coupon arrived this weekend.   

Despite all the things going on this month (February is always notoriously busy) I should have it ready to turn over to Monica for quilting soon.  No UFO status for this quilt!


I did want to get some cash at the bank, conveniently located between the gym and the quilt store. (Did I mention that I was so low on cash Saturday that I needed to borrow $20 from JoAn to buy tickets for the quilt baskets?)  While 'my' bank branch has been closed to inside business for many, many months, the drive-through ATMs have remained fully functional.  Sadly that's no longer the case; the machines have been removed.


In the afternoon I spent more time inputting phone numbers and e-mail addresses into my new phone, but it's surprisingly time consuming so I'm still not done.  


I had checked out all of the alarm tones on my phone (so many from which to choose) but none of them are even close to Brownie's.  So yesterday, when his 3:00 alarm went off, it wasn't surprising that he didn't react at all.


When Alex came over to do laundry in the afternoon he helped me with more things on the phone. While I don't expect to remember all of it <LOL!!!>  much of it was helpful.  



He does keep nagging me to use Siri  
(Speech Interpretation and Recognition Interface)


Would be more fun if I could switch it to a Scottish or Australian accent...


No comments:

Post a Comment