Sunday, March 15, 2020


Saturday morning I headed over to TOQS, only to discover that I was not only one with idea to be there when they opened for Bag Day at 9:00.  Sherri was disappointed that her order hadn't arrived in time for the monthly event, and since her thread supply was severely depleted I wasn't able to get the colors I needed - but for yesterday's free gift I chose choose this doggy fat quarter.


Used both the fabric and notion 40% off coupons this month



and also found another winner on the sale shelf.


When the Dog quilt eventually floats to the top of the list I will be ready 
with a wide assortment of canine prints!


Made a quick visit to the grocery store for something to bring to Sewcial since deviled eggs never happened.  It was certainly BUSY, and there were lots of empty shelves where canned goods and other staples used to be.  



 Sewcial was full, and (of course) fun.  Everyone was pleased to see Cindy up and about and doing so well after January's hip replacement.  She's been working very hard at PT - and it shows.   


Her second surgery (the foot on the other side) has been scheduled for April 21.  That will be a much more invasive procedure so she will be down for considerably longer, and of course we all hope that her recuperation and recovery from that also goes well.  Cindy's currently working on this large Snail's Trail, needing 75 blocks by the time she's done.




While I didn't get quite as much accomplished yesterday on the Pink Project as I had hoped <g>, I did finish one block and make serious inroads on a second.  However true to form I made several of the same absolutely absurd mistakes on the end rows, amusing both Marcie and me no end.  



Loved the cat quilt Bobbie was working on, using brights and B/W to surround a Laurel Burch panel. I gave her some suggestions she appreciated, and she gave me a bunch of her scraps that I appreciated. 

 
Here are some of the blocks that Deb made in the PP class Ellen recently taughtEveryone approved!  




With so many of us there the LRC pile of fabrics was substantial, so as the winner (second month in a row!) I came home with 42 fat quarters - which 'translates' into 10.5 yards!


For my free pattern I chose this fun one, and assumed was done with all HSTs, which would work, though the directions on the back turned out to a bit different so I'll have a choice of methods. 


Will now put aside Pink Project "temporarily" (though it may join the ranks of other UFOs) and see how much progress I can make on the Black Project before April's Sewcial.  


Speaking of UFOs, Monday is Anything By Hand, and I'll bring Melodie's quilt to see if I can finish up that for her.  I think she said she started that several decades ago, so there really isn't a "rush" to  to get it done <g> though now that I have the wedding label from her I really would like to return the favor!



Of course with the wedding possibly postponed, the date on the label Melodie embroidered for me may no longer be correct.  Since I have no idea when (if?) I'm heading to the shower (the new date may conflict with other commitments) I can hold off affixing it to the back of the quilt until more details are forthcoming.


Denise was wearing an official t-shirt yesterday because she "ran" one of her dogs at a dachshund event at the horse track last weekend.  Her pooch was in the lead - at least until it decided mid-race to stop and 'smell the roses', and then never did actually make it over the finish line. 



 Loved this pic she shared of four (of her five) "mistreated" pooches.  Apparently the fifth member of the pack is a 'prima donna' Yorkie too aloof to hang out with the peasants...



Mary commented yesterday that it was the 3rd Saturday in a row that we'd spent together (which of course I already knew) and in keeping with that trend we're planning to continue it next Saturday when we'll  work on the little girl quilts here.  


And that is a perfect example of how my UFO stack has grown so large!



Mary liked Cindy's Snail Trail (especially when she discovered that all the pieces can be cut at The Pig on an AccuQuilt template Cindy has) so she's going to start one of those.  Which is a simple example of how we all* end up having so many different projects going at the same time!  


*Marcie, who was so disciplined when I met her that she only had one quilt going at a time (which she would totally finish before moving on to another one, and had never experienced UFO syndrome) has at last been dragged down to our level <G> and is currently working on several at once.



When I got home there was a message on the house phone that my original polling place (literally 2 blocks away) for Tuesday's primary election is no longer available because many of the locations are being closed due to the virus.  Now I can vote "anywhere", but since the closest site is over 2 miles away I guess I won't be walking there.



Alex had asked me to pick him up at the airport yesterday afternoon, which of course I'd agreed to do. But before I had to leave Sewcial early to do that he texted that he'd found another ride (aka 'a better offer') and I was off the hook. (If I'd left early I would have missed LRC!)  


When they got here he had to come over to pick up his keys to get into his place, and Vera appeared first (she has that dog-door thing down pat.)  She and Brownie were extremely thrilled to see each other, and after some very happy doggy hellos she walked over near the dog door, squatted down, and peed!

 
 Luckily she "chose" a spot on the tile (though just missing the carpet by a matter of 6 inches), 
so at least it was an easy fix. 



Up too early this morning, around 4:30-ish. But I did score the full 100% last night, and even averaging 3 events/hour am aware that I did make it to REM sleep during the night. I'm looking forward to a morning soak (with all the rain it's been a while) and then sometime this morning plan to make a trip to JoAnn's so I can get some fusible that I'll need in order to (finally) get started on the Copper Canyon project.  


Also "might" do a bit of weeding today while the ground is SO saturated.

No comments:

Post a Comment