Saturday, June 15, 2019

I spent yesterday afternoon constructing four-patches from the striped fabrics (ended up with 28), and then cutting the frog fabric into matching squares.  It took longer than I expected (over four hours) but I did end up with nice big piles all ready to stitch into a happy charity quilt today for the New Life Center - and one scrappy block for a baby-doll quilt to accompany it.



Starting at first light this morning I raked up all the hedge debris, and then transferred the piles from the front yard into the remaining trash can.  Too bad the pile from the backyard will have to wait its turn, but at least it's now safely outside the backyard - which will be underwater on Tuesday.

  

That reminded me to top off the pool (it was getting somewhat low) which filled while I mowed the Back 40 and around Alex's place.  After all my attention the property looks a whole lot better, though of course needs some weed-eating (which I can't do) to finish it off.



Of course I was wearing my boot when I raked, but forgot about covering it up when I went to mow.  So once again <sigh> I'll need to clean that off.  You think I'd learn, right?



By 8:30 I was done outside for today, and likely will hide from the heat for the rest of the day.  It's also possible I'll take my first swim of the season this afternoon.



Today is the official start of the monsoon season,
though there's no rain in the forecast.

The National Weather Service in Tucson released its 2019 monsoon outlook video on May 30. In short, conditions lean toward a later-than-normal start to seasonal storms and below-normal rain from June through August. There's a better chance for rain to pick up in August and September.  And say goodbye to the lower temperatures we’ve benefited from this spring. The Climate Prediction Center outlook calls for above-normal heat during the 2019 monsoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment