Sunday, June 2, 2019

Drove out to Goodyear yesterday to pick up the cutting table and sewing cabinet - and then we spent about an hour (in the lovely heat) trying to fit them both into my car.  After every possible combination failed Steve ended up having to dismantle one of them - and that turned out to be more of a production than any of us expected; luckily Mike had considerably less difficulty re-assembling it. The cabinet is a perfect addition for Marcie's sewing suite - and just in time for tomorrow's Sew Day, when there will be 6 of us there.  



My big score was a new oversize cutting mat, 24" x 36". 
And it's even double sided!



We went out for lunch at the Noodle Company; Mary and I have been several times, but it was a first for Marcie.  When we sat down to wait for our orders I noticed that the woman at the table next to us was eating the same dish I had ordered (as well as the pot-stickers Marcie had ordered.)  When I struck up a conversation she proclaimed it delicious, but was having difficulty finishing. Not only couldn't I finish my lunch (the leftovers are still in Marcie's frig where I forgot them yesterday) but I was not hungry the rest of the day.  All I ate was one 'test' hard-boiled egg from the batch I cooked so I can devil them today to bring tomorrow.



Brownie was again a wonderful host yesterday afternoon when Latina visited.  He hadn't finished his breakfast, and so she decided to 'help'.  At one point it looked like they might actually share at the same time (photo op!) but he just sauntered up, took a brief look, and walked away.  However he was very interested in chasing her bedraggled carrot (which no longer squeaks) and penguin - though again, once she left he couldn't care less about that game.  Would be wonderful if he'd play fetch (especially while I'm down for the count these days) but he only does that when there's another dog in attendance.



I still haven't turned on the A/C this season (and it is a tad warm in the house in the afternoons) despite temps reaching 99.  However it's expected to bleed into triple digits this week, my "sign" to start running up the electric bill.



During one of yesterday's episodes of Rocky Mountain Vet Dr. Jeff went to the alligator farm near the hot springs to deal with an injured alligator.  It was quite interesting to see how they captured Elsa, and the guy who jumped on her back made it look easy!  


Alex was just a little guy (maybe 3?) when we visited during one of our summer hot springs vacations, and I about lost it when he stuck his hand through the chain link to feed them some of the provided food!



Asleep by 10 last night, so up at 4 this morning.  Guess six hours sleep <sigh> is about my limit these days, though I would dearly love to log a couple more!





No comments:

Post a Comment