Sunday, May 5, 2019

Yesterday Andy & Sandy and I enjoyed a late breakfast of spinach quiche along with a yummy fruit medley of fresh strawberries, raspberries,  and blueberries.  I got a late start out of here, so by the time I got to Arbor Ridge Mom was finished with her OT.  The weekend staff  (apparently not quite up to snuff) hadn't been able to measure her oxygen saturation, so they put her back on oxygen 'just to be safe'.  



After lunch Mom and I got in lots of Rummikub, and she noted how the day just flew by. 



I spoke to Alex when he was at the airport, and Mom got to chat with him also.  He had been scheduled for a 10:00 flight home, but took American Airlines' offer for a hefty voucher in exchange for giving up his seat, and so was catching a noon flight instead. 



Speaking of the phone, I did a test and called Mom's room phone from my cell.  Despite the fact that the phone was sitting right next to her, and has a normal volume ring, she could not hear it.  Little wonder I could never reach her!  At least when her friend Sue called yesterday I was there to answer the phone and hand it to Mom.  Sue was delighted to be able to (finally!) get through.



Naturally it doesn't help that Mom's hearing aid quit working about a week or so ago.  (New batteries did not do the trick.)  So I'll be dropping off her hearing aid for repairs tomorrow.  In the meantime, communication is just that much more difficult.



Back at Mink Hollow, the three of us watched the Kentucky Derby.  
We each picked a horse to root for, though none of us "won". 


I tasted Andy's mint julep (with the tip of my tongue) but 
it was certainly no surprise that I found it totally unpalatable.



Afterward we made custom pizzas (funny oven story...) and watched Something About Mary.
Maybe you heard us laughing?


When I turned my phone back on this morning (with the 3-hour time difference, I make sure I turn it off at night!) there was a text from Alex.  He took Brownie for a walk last evening - and there was NO refusal!  YAY!



In other good news, got this report from Marcie on my quilt:

Did get over to the Pig and checked out your quilt.  Very awesome. Cindy slightly enlarged  the pattern, worked extremely well.  She had a group today that Ellen was facilitating, all loved your quilt.  


I 'slept in' until 5:30 this morning (at least that's better than yesterday) and it's currently raining.  With parking issues (yesterday I had quite a schlep) it would be nice if the rain quits before I get over to Mom's.  



We're taking Mom to lunch today for her birthday.  
No problem as long as we stay on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment