Tuesday, November 13, 2018

I did not get a solid night's sleep, but really have no idea why.  I ingested NO chocolate (or other caffeine) during the day, so I can't blame it on that.  After I watched the 10:00 news I got into bed to read.  When I found myself yawning, I turned off the light and started listening to my audio book.  Long story short, eventually took a sleep aide when I still found myself awake around mid-night (!) and then tried reading some more... but was still awake at 1:00 am!  And yet I did not really sleep in, waking up only five hours later, around 6:00. 



Now that I have our turkey for Thanksgiving (forgot to mention that when I checked out, it rang up at just a fraction of the price on the tag, which was a surprise that I did mention that to the cashier, who after all had made a serious mistake on the customer ahead of me, but she knew about the promotion) I have started thinking about the menu (which isn't too hard since it's pretty standard) and the guest list.



Not sure if Patti and Gary will be joining us; he has already started his new job in Kentucky, and she may be out there then house-hunting.  But Linda and Rick have accepted our invite.  Assume Aja will join Alex here... though she rarely eats anything so will have little impact on how much food I need to make. We will invite her roommate, and of course any of Alex's friends who may find themselves at loose ends that day.  The more the merrier on Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday -  


though now my happiness on that family day is tempered with thoughts 
for Marcie on a VERY difficult day for her! 


I am always sorry to miss the day at my brother's, which will no doubt be a tad busy since the gang will include Ed & Emily's and their crew of five exuberant kids.  Pretty sure 15-month-old Maggie will 'help' keep things lively, balancing out the two more sedentary nonagenarians, Mom and Uncle Allen!  


Both, of course, have a lot of wit and wisdom to offer.  Unfortunately both also have hearing issues, and of course with all the people and commotion going on it's likely both will find it difficult to join in conversations.



Besides the gym this morning and deviling the eggs this afternoon, I had hoped to be somewhat productive and get more things crossed off of my ever-lengthening list today.  But given my less-than-full night's sleep, it's possible <G> I will shuffle many things off until tomorrow.... or later!  How about if I call it "time management"?



I do have some time now, so will get off the computer and see what I accomplish from my list quietly since Tom is still asleep. He was also up well past mid-night, which may help explain why he has been sleeping in recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment