Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Yesterday's appointment at the dentist only took an hour, because once he got in there it turned out a crown wasn't necessary after all (there was plenty of tooth left after he removed the degrading old filling) and only needed to do an onlay.  


And while that did save me about $400 <smile> my total bill still ended up being $1500 <frown> because once that procedure was complete I was able to get scanned for a new night guard.  I do so much grinding while I sleep that my teeth have worn holes in my old!


Alex flew home yesterday, and Tom picked him up at the airport while I have having 'fun' with my teeth.  He came over to do some laundry, and was pretty tired (long stretches of hard work, with long days and late nights, living on crappy festival food while not being able to work out at the gym, etc.)  Not sure how long he'll be home this time - though of course his work schedule is always subject to change (especially at the last minute) anyway!


Alex celebrated his first evening home downtown in a Skybox watching the game with friends.  (We watched it here on TV of course.)


Who'd have thunk that after winning the first two games by comfortable margins they'd lose the next four in a row, handing over the championship to Milwaukee last night.


Off to Busy Bees shortly, where maybe I'll finally finish the binding on the Chain Link.  Also hoping someone can give me some helpful advice on sandwiching my charity quilt so I don't get puckers in the backing!


Afterward I'll swing by the dentist (he's close by) since I didn't bring my night guard yesterday and he wants to see how it fits.  (Surprisingly after the onlay yesterday it no longer fit that well last night!)


Then mid-afternoon I have another appointment to see the doctor.  Tom and Alex are both pushing for me to be more assertive with him (though I think I've made it very clear all along that SOMETHING else needs to be done!)  

And both of them, especially Tom, have pushed for seeing another doctor for a second opinion.

I am just SO tired of my new "normal"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment