Sunday, July 11, 2021

Tom was home when I woke up at 4:30, but I had no idea what time he rolled in.  Either the Brownie "alarm" didn't go off, or the volume was turned way down.



We never did get any rain last night.  On Friday I saw heavy machinery set up by the main irrigation pump, and since there's been no update e-mail with a start date for the watering schedule I have to assume <sigh> it's still not operational.



So some rain would be a really, really big help now!  



The small sliver of the sky that I can see from the couch looks clear, 
but maybe a monsoon will roll in this afternoon?

 

I got brave this morning and opened the electric bill that came yesterday.  Of course I knew it would be hefty... but was still somewhat surprised to find it bumping $550.



The pool was a mess, so I got in and worked at removing the leaves; I was able to scoop all the floaters, and most of the sunken ones.  It was helpful that the wind had blown everything to the shallow end.  It was also helpful that Van had emptied the bucket for me on Friday, because there was such a volume that now it's full once again.




Tom woke around 9:30.  He says Brownie did not bark when he got home, around 4:00 this morning.  There was no way he could have slept in the truck (which I already knew) since it was still 107 when he went through Vegas at midnight.




Now heading off to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment