Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Yesterday was a very sunny afternoon - at least it started out that way. Plan A was to cruise up to the Party Pool after feeding Neil his lunch, which usually happens around 2:00 or 2;30 - but out of nowhere we heard a LONG, LOUD clap of thunder. 


Then we even got actual rain instead of just 'sound and fury'. 


Despite the rain Brownie insisted on hanging out under the patio table (the umbrella did a good job of keeping him dry) in order to effect constant surveillance over its base.  While we never saw anything, he seemed awfully sure that something was under there.


It rained throughout the afternoon, though never terribly hard, and we even got some precipitation during our evening walk.  The forecast is for more rain chances through Saturday.  Naturally I'd rather the weather would hold off until it's time for me to leave, which would make it easier to go - but nobody consulted me.


I woke up early this morning, so I had plenty of time for coffee, the crossword puzzle, and some FB scrolling before Brownie hopped up to let me know he was ready for his walk.  I got to start off the day with a soak at the Apple Pool, and Brownie got to see lots of deer, chipmunks, and bunnies for his amusement on our walk.


Terry is heading into town for the weekly shop-a-thon, and Karen will be spending the day with Elinor. I'll be holding down the fort here with Neil and Hilda.

No comments:

Post a Comment