Sunday, August 28, 2022

 After dinner last night, when dessert was an absolutely decadent (from-scratch, of course) butterscotch custard, we started watching Everything Everywhere All At Once.  It's an "insane adventure where one woman alone can save the world by exploring other universes connected with the lives she could have led."  

Mark had been able to watch most of it on his flight from NY to Denver, and had been looking forward to viewing the ending.  Unfortunately we got a late start (after 8:30) so by the time we were only halfway through the film it was nearing 10:00 and (no surprise) I was fighting to stay awake.  I went upstairs to crash, and plan to watch it at home at a time when I'm more alert.



I must have been tired - I slept in until 6:45 this morning!




Today's tee:



On my way up to soak this morning I found another small snake in the road.  Sadly this one hadn't made it across before a vehicle came by and ran over it.




Especially enjoyed chatting with Jenny, a hospice nurse,  while soaking this morning - and loved her experience about "being with" her dad when he died.



There was more rock/dirt work on today's agenda.  When I went out Doug was also there shoveling dirt, which is when I learned that one of the berms I'd left undisturbed (didn't want to cause problems) actually needed to be removed.  Had to laugh when he left, saying, "Don't work too long in the hot sun."  Hot?


The rain started around 4:00, and came down fairly hard at times.  Tomorrow morning I'll check and see how's today's engineering fared.



I've also puttered around the house today, doing some cleaning here and there. 



Karen & Elinor will be back from their week of operas in Santa Fe in time for dinner, and Richard is bringing chicken soup with dumplings.  For dessert Terry whipped up another peach pie (at Karen's request, because she was disappointed she missed out on the one we had earlier this week.)

Before:


During:


Back into the oven with the topping -


And the finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment