Monday, January 4, 2021

Unwrapped at the doctor today:


Dr. Elibrashi went over the ER x-rays with me.  It was hard for me to 'see' the break precisely because it's NOT a bad break, which of course is good news.



He felt that there shouldn't be that much swelling and bruising, so he's concerned that the lisfranc ligament might be involved.  When I go back in 3 weeks he'll decide (from how well I'm healing) whether I need an MRI to check out that ligament.  



Surgery is not called for due to the break - 



but IF the ligament has pulled loose from the bone <sigh>
that could be a different story.  

In the meantime I will remain off of my foot and continue to get around via the knee scooter.  




I was surprised he didn't cast my foot.  The good news is that instead of the splint (which can't get wet) I 'graduated' to a boot which I can remove to shower, meaning I won't have to deal with this!  



I already had Alex bring in the shower chair from the garage, and soon will have a chance to try out all the spiffy grab bars I'd had installed (everywhere!) in that other shower for Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment